BATTERY MATERIALS ENGINEER
Volexion is a Northwestern startup out of Prof. Mark Hersam's laboratory that is commercializing a breakthrough graphene technology enabling the next generation of Li-ion battery materials. Their first product is a drop-in high energy cathode material with 10x better performance than state of the art, moving the Li-ion and electric vehicle industry 10 years forward. Volexion spun out of Northwestern University, scaled up at Argonne National Lab, and is backed by leading US climate tech venture funds and government agencies.
The Battery Materials Engineer will lead the development of Volexion's drop-in solution. Part of the Operations team, this role entails working in close collaboration with the Engineering & Application teams, with Senior Management and with External Stakeholders to iterate and create meaningful results. This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Volexion encourages candidates to join their team, if they:
- are a self-starter, who operate independently and go the extra mile;
- enjoy teamwork, seek immediate impact, and want to grow with a rapidly evolving company;
- proactively give constructive feedback and ask for resources critical to their mission;
- are excited to take technology from pilot to industrial scale; and
- can work with the leadership team in Evanston and Chicago, IL with US work authorization.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graphene precursor and battery materials synthesis and testing
- Seek and validate optimization and scale-up opportunities
- Characterization of materials’ physical, chemical and electrical performance (e.g., SEM, XPS)
- Build prototype batteries and validate electrochemical performance
- Develop and maintain Volexion’s operating procedures and quality control system
- Generate reports and presentations for customers, investors, and internal deliverables
- M.S. or B.S. candidate in chemistry, electrochemistry, materials science, chemical engineering or related field
- Effective communicator, collaborator, and project leader
- Proficiency in Excel or Matlab or equivalent software for data management and analysis
- Knowledge of commercial and emerging Li-ion battery materials
- Experience with battery systems (design, development, prototyping)
CONTACT: Damien Despinoy (email@example.com)
posted May 25, 2021