Rhaeos, Inc., based on research out of Prof. John Rogers' laboratory, is a clinical stage, venture backed medical device company developing wireless wearable and non-invasive sensors for a number of healthcare applications. The company’s first product has been designated as a breakthrough device by the FDA.
The Operations Manager will work closely with our executive team to manage day-to-day operations, streamline strategic initiatives, and oversee program management. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. Rhaeos is located in Chicago and Evanston, IL and is led by an experienced medical device team.
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, planning travels, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, and coordinating corporate meetings.
- Lead and partner on special projects for areas which the CEO personally oversees.
- Drive continuous improvement of organizational gaps and inefficiencies.
- Support human resources activities, including hiring, documentation, onboarding, and payroll.
- Manage company’s procurement and purchasing activities.
- Create a structure for our CEO to improve visibility with and accountability of their direct reports.
- Create content for internal and external purposes (company presentations, investors presentations, key meetings, etc.)
- Support key decision-making with business case development.
- Maintain a strategic backlog of topics for the leadership team.
- Act as a sounding board to senior leadership on matters of strategy, team efficiency, and operations.
- Plan employee engagement and social activities.
- Authorized to work in the United States; Electrical Engineer to work in Evanston, IL
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years in a business or executive management role.
- Strong program management skills to drive multiple initiatives in a changing environment with limited supervision.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong executive presentation development and delivery skills.
- Outstanding facilitation, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Trustworthy with high integrity, and the ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Highly organized.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Analytical, strategic, and structured thinker with entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Experience in business planning, strategy, operations, and some finance preferred.
- Experience in commercial products in the medical device industry, or other highly regulated industry, is preferred.
- Experience as Operations, Chief of Staff or in a special projects role.
- Work Location: Evanston, IL
- Full-time with benefits: health, dental, 401(k)
posted July 19, 2021