Rhaeos, Inc., based on research out of Prof. John Rogers' laboratory, is a clinical stage, venture backed medical device company developing wireless wearable and non-invasive sensors for a number of healthcare applications. The company’s first product has been designated as a breakthrough device by the FDA.
The Electrical Engineer will work as part of the Research and Product Development teams to design, develop, build, and test the electronic elements of Rhaeos wearable devices and accessory products. The Electrical Engineer will contribute to new and existing products, and own relationships with external vendors, as well as all design package file generation and documentation. Rhaeos is located in Chicago and Evanston, IL and is led by an experienced medical device team.
Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Analog and digital circuit design for wearable devices and associated products
- Circuit schematic generation and documentation
- Circuit component justification and documentation
- PCB layout creation
- Owns relationships with PCB vendors for prototype generation, including file package generation
- Circuit debugging
- Design verification test data generation and documentation
- Electronics fixture tooling design, procurement and fabrication
- Understand landscape of electronic component options and communicates them clearly to the team
- Fully participate in and successfully contributes to project teams typically including the following activities: product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process development and process capability studies, research investigations (animal and clinical studies), report preparation, and process/test documentation.
- Assist with the establishment of customer focused design specifications to ensure they adequately address clinical, engineering, and marketing requirements.
- Actively participate in the preparation of risk analysis documentation (UFMEA, DFMEA, etc.), hazards analysis, failure modes analysis, and quality plans.
- Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input and ensures designs and processes comply with all Quality System requirements.
- Assists with the development of internal quality control inspections and implementation of appropriate measurement methods and test equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.Work with manufacturing to develop qualified production lines and support process validation efforts.
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from test results.
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Invent/ create concepts and designs for new products/processes, and submits idea disclosures.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians.
- Work with quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing to ensure project success.
- Coordinate failure investigations and root cause analysis for product complaints and other postmarket surveillance product performance information.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Authorized to work in the United States; Electrical Engineer to work in Evanston, IL
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Level of Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or in related field with circuit design experience
- Equivalent work-related experience acceptable in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in product development/engineering required.
- Experience in commercial products in the medical device industry, or other highly regulated industry, is preferred.
- Experience with circuit design and layout tools
- Experience working with external vendors for PCB creation and assembly
- Experience with sensor inputs and Bluetooth chipsets
- Experience with rechargeable battery designs, including charge management
- Soldering and related hands-on skills for circuit testing and debugging
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Past work on multi-layer (4-layer, 6-layer) board design and layout
- Past work on flexible circuit layout
- Past work on small, dense, power efficient circuits (0201 components, wafer level packages, etc)
- Experience writing embedded firmware
- Experience with Nordic and other SoC chipsets
- Experience with wireless charging designs
- Experience in electromechanical integration
- Experience with FDA medical device marketing submissions and pre-submission correspondence
- Experience with obtaining CE marking for medical devices
- Work Location: Evanston, IL
- Full-time with benefits: health, dental, 401(k)
posted July 19, 2021