SENIOR R&D ENGINEER
NanoGraf Corporation, based on collaborative research between the labs of Profs. Harold Kung and Jiaxing Huang, is advancing lithium-ion battery anode technology to transform a wide range of industries from consumer electronics to electric vehicles. SiNode’s anode technology utilizes a composite of silicon nano-particles within a patent-pending graphene scaffolding system that increases a battery's energy density (5-7 times) and reduces the charging time of a lithium-ion battery (up to a factor of 10).
NanoGraf Corporation is seeking a Senior R&D engineer interested in working at the intersection between R&D and technology commercialization in a start-up environment. The role will focus on research and development of silicon anode materials for Li-ion battery and prototype batteries for various customer segments using NanoGraf technologies. Work flow will consist of a mixture of laboratory research, prototype cell manufacturing, data analysis, FMEA, and communicating results. Opportunities for business travel to customer and partner sites in Asia, Europe, and across the USA may also be a possibility in the future when circumstances allow.
Please apply directly through the website (https://www.nanograf.com/careers).
- Develop silicon anode materials for Li-ion batteries and processing methods for silicon anode materials.
- Conduct studies of silicon anode materials and develop technical roadmap, strategy and execution plan.
- Perform synthesis and purification of materials related to anode materials for batteries.
- Source commercial electrode materials and utilize coating equipment to formulate electrodes for Li-ion cell assembly.
- Complete coin, pouch and cylindrical cell testing and generate insights from data analysis.
- Analyze process capabilities, summarize data, and resolve acceptability for product development.
- Source equipment to complete buildout of new cell assembly and testing facility.
- Participate in scale-up activities for realization in production of qualified materials.
- Manage technician and lab interns to assist with materials formulation.
- Publish and communicate research results as required.
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrochemistry, Materials Science or closely-related field preferred.
- Experience with novel battery materials (e.g. silicon, graphene) preferred.
- Prior research experience with silicon materials or nanomaterials.
- Work experience in the Li-ion battery industry.
- Meticulous and thoughtful experimenter.
- Capable of collaborating effectively with a research team.
- Proficient in data analysis using spread sheet programs and data managing programs
- Excellent writing, verbal communication skills.
- **Highly Desirable Attributes**:
- Characterization experience with the following instruments: TGA, SEM, TEM, XPS
- Academic research paper writing experience.
CONTACT: Kathryn Hicks (email@example.com)
posted May 25, 2021