Mission and Goals
INVO is a crucial part of Northwestern's innovation ecosystem. Explore our mission and priorities below, as well as our current initiatives that will shape the university's future.
INVO catalyzes the translation of Northwestern innovations to benefit the public and promote economic growth.
In order to maximize that outcome, Northwestern follows important principles when licensing university technology. Learn about these principles.
- Help integrate the educational and research mission with the University’s social contract to contribute to economic growth and move research innovations to the market
- Develop a holistic, transparent, interactive process to translate innovative research from proof-of-concept to commercialization
- Support an entrepreneurial culture by encouraging relevant initiatives across the University
- Secure intellectual property rights to seed and nurture innovative products and services
- Work creatively with external organizations (profit and non-profit) to develop and commercialize Northwestern’s innovations
- Facilitate the formation and launch of Northwestern’s startups
- Modernize systems to increase transactional speed and efficiency