NanoGraf Corporation, based on collaborative research between the labs of Profs. Harold Kung and Jiaxing Huang, is advancing lithium-ion battery anode technology to transform a wide range of industries from consumer electronics to electric vehicles. SiNode’s anode technology utilizes a composite of silicon nano-particles within a patent-pending graphene scaffolding system that increases a battery's energy density (5-7 times) and reduces the charging time of a lithium-ion battery (up to a factor of 10).
An entry-level R&D engineer interested in working at the intersection between R&D and technology commercialization in a start-up environment. The role will focus on development of Li-ion battery prototypes for various customer segments using Nanograf technologies. Work flow will consist of a mixture of laboratory research, data analysis, failure analysis, and reporting.
Please apply directly through the website (https://www.nanograf.com/careers).
- Work as a part of a product development team to development state of the art Li-ion cells. Interface with R&D, production, and business arms to support customer project needs.
- Work hands-on with all aspects of laboratory Li-ion battery research: electrode slurry mixing, coating, and characterization; test cell assembly; electrochemical testing
- Manage multiple development initiatives for application specific electrode and cell optimization
- Document developments and conclusions for internal reference and customer presentation
- Carry out physical characterization and battery failure analysis of Li-ion cells and electrodes
- BS in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry
- 1-2 years of academic or industrial research experience in a laboratory setting
- Sound understanding of electrochemical processes related to energy storage/Li-ion batteries
- Materials characterization experience techniques such as: SEM, XPS, DLS, and Raman spectroscopy
- Proficient in statistical methods and data analysis
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Excellent writing / verbal communication skills
- Quick learner and adaptable to rapid change
- Passionate, ambitious, and personable
CONTACT: Kathryn Hicks (email@example.com)
posted May 25, 2021